Before our team traveled to Ethiopia, God put on my heart to pray with fervor for our trip. At the end of our week in Roggie, I reflected on the list of things I had been praying for and was in awe at how God had answered each prayer. As I shared with our team and friends in Ethiopia my prayer list, they also were astonished.
1. Revival – I prayed for revival in Roggie. When I was praying, I imagined a revival meeting like those I have seen in movies complete with a tent and a preacher calling people to the altar. I have never been to one personally, but this was the image God gave me in prayer. Saturday morning in Roggie we were invited to participate in a revival meeting complete with a tent and an altar call. And unbelievably, God called me to be the guest preacher.
2. An elder in the community to come to Christ – At that revival meeting, an 80 year old man accepted Christ as his personal Savior along with nine other people.
3. A pastor to love this community – God sent us a translator that serves as a teaching pastor in a large church in Arsi Nigelle, the closest urban area to Roggie. He grew up near Roggie and loves this community and has promised to pray and care for them.
4. For the children to love the Word of God- two gifted Bible teachers, Kathy and Deb, taught the older children how to study the Bible and how to love God’s word. The younger children heard Bible stories and participated in fun projects.
5. For us to know the fullness of His love – I think every person on our team, the school staff and the many friends we have made in Ethiopia experienced the deep, full love of Christ these past two weeks. One thing I thought was so awesome was we had two younger team members that wanted to see animals. We told them we have only seen livestock in the past, but this trip God put more animals in our path than ever – monkeys, baboons, warthogs, storks, ostriches and flamingos just to name a few. God loves us so much He delights in the details.
6. Miracles – Every answered prayer, 49 children confessing Jesus Christ is their Savior and for me personally, my sponsor child Temam who comes from a Muslim family accepting Christ as his Savior, miracle after miracle took place. All glory to God who is an AWESOME God who reigns over Heaven and Earth.